The funeral home was opened for business in 1924 by Edward P. & Jennie B. Quick. The Quick's operated the business at two other locations in Sandusky before opening the doors at 617 Columbus Avenue in 1940.
In 1960, the business was purchased by Walter E. "Shorty" Park, who had married Margaret A. "Marty" Quick, (daughter of Edward & Jennie Quick) and was named Quick-Park Funeral Home. Walter & Marty retired in 1977 and sold the funeral home to Robert L. Ransom & John G. Souter, Jr. and the name was changed to Quick-Park & Ransom Funeral Home.
In 1983, Charles E. Nye purchased the Ransom shares of the company and the funeral home was renamed to Quick-Park & Nye. Mr. Nye and Mr. Souter ran the business together until 1992 when they sold some of the shares to Donald A. Pfeil. Shortly after Mr. Nye's death in 1994 the funeral home changed its name again to Quick-Park & Pfeil.
Donald and Iva Pfeil purchased the remaining shares of the company from the Nye family and the Souter family in 1997. In 2001, the Pfeil's expanded their services to Monroeville, Ohio (located in Huron County) when they purchased the Jump Funeral Home from Warren L. Jump and the name was changed to Jump and Pfeil Funeral Home.
In 2006 the Pfeil's dropped the "Quick-Park" name and the "Jump" name and the two locations were named Pfeil Funeral Home, Sandusky Chapel and Pfeil Funeral Home, Monroeville Chapel as they are today. The company has been locally owned and operated by six families since 1924.